Friday, March 22, 2013

Bad Blogger: Liebster Award

Very very bad blogger...




I've had 3 wonderful bloggers nominate me for a Liebster Award and have yet to complete the tasks. The biggest problem? Finding other blogs that are as "noob" as I am! Finding 11 blogs with less than 200 followers is hard!

Anyway, I am honored to be recognized and am very enthused by these nominations to keep blogging. So thank you VERY much to my three nominators:

Maria at Keeping It Stepford
Jenni at Jenni's Ferris Wheel of Food
Luisa at Living and Learning With Luisa

So here's how it works:
  1. I answer 11 questions from the bloggers that nominated me (totaling 33 questions now, haha)
  2. I write 11 random facts about myself
  3. I nominate 11 other bloggers (less than 200 followers each)
  4. I give them all 11 questions to answer
Okie doke? Here we go...

Maria Asked Me:
1.  Do you have any pets? Yes! One princess kitty witty: Nova. And hopefully a puppy on the way???
2.  What is your favorite restaurant? The Mountain Brauhaus in Gardiner, NY mmmmm German food...
3.  Looking back, when you were growing up did you think you would be in the place you are now? Yeah pretty much.
4.  Has anyone ever said you look like someone famous? Drew Barrymore
5.  What is one goal you would like to achieve within the next 3 years? A successful annual vegetable garden
6.  What is your favorite holiday? Samhain (Halloween)
7.  If you could hang out with any celebrity who would it be? Tom Waits
8.  Snow Bunny or Sun Worshipper? BRING ON THE SUN!!!!
9.  What is your favorite band or singer? The Rolling Stones
10.  If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I would have six arms so I can multitask better
11.  What is a book you recommend?  Anything you can learn something from.

Jenni Asked Me:
1) Why did you start blogging? To journal the adventure of me and Tim's first house
2) First or last to leave the party? Last
3) White or red wine? White in Summer, Red every time else
4) What is the one thing you love most about yourself. I'm a good communicator
5) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Here.
6) Do you prefer to use an electronic or regular paper calendar? Google Calendar on my tablet!
7) What is your favorite type of food? Hot and lots of it
8) Do you love of loathe your birthday? LOVE. My birthday lasts about a week and a half, usually...
9) Where do you most like to take your vacations? Krumville, NY
10) What was your favorite cartoon growing up? I don't remember... Wile E. Coyote, perhaps? Maybe Sponge Bob, though...
11) Do you prefer cats or dogs? Both. And as many of them as I can get my hands on!

Luisa Asked Me:
1.  What is your favorite Pinterest board? All of the outdoor decor boards. Gets my brain going!
2.  How much time would you estimate you spend on your blog daily? 1-2 hours, but never on weekends. Tim and I ditch the electronics on weekends as much as we can.
3.  Who is your inspiration/favorite blogger? Definitely Amy at While Wearing Heels, she answers all my silly questions
4.  Where is your favorite place to shop for home decor? I enjoy Antique shops, but I'm typically more successful at big box stores like Michael's and Home Goods
5.  Where is your favorite place to vacation? Krumville, NY
6.  What is your favorite crockpot dish?  Feel free to share recipe ;-) Shredded chicken for enchiladas, but I won't share my recipe because it hasn't come out quite perfect yet...
7.  Do you have hoarding tendencies? I can't throw out pretty bottles or jars. It's impossible. Luckily, I've found uses for them.
8.  What do you change out the most in home decor? The table settings, definitely
9.  Do you feel like you are living the life you want to live or is there something else that you want to do or wish you were doing differently? I'm very happy right now, but I want to eventually own my own business I think.
10.  If so, what’s keeping you from doing it?  If not, good for you! Experience and $$, but both of those will come with time...
11.  If you had no electronics whatsoever, what would you be doing right now? Crafting probably haha

OK! That answers that.  As if you haven't learned enough about me at this point, here's 11 random facts about me:
  1. I'm part Mexican and part Norwegian (among other things), but you can only see the Norwegian
  2. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Cello Performance from Syracuse University
  3. I've been to Brazil
  4. I (for the most part) can't STAND pastels
  5. I've played my cello in arenas packed with more than 25,000 people
  6. I've been a professional musician since I was in 9th grade
  7. I'm on an album with Art Garfunkel and John Sebastian
  8. I grew up in a town named Krumville (yes, it actually exists)
  9. I'm an amateur mixologist
  10. I try to eat a mostly Paleo diet
  11. I just learned how to split wood a couple weeks ago
There you have it! All the silly information about me you never knew you wanted to know! 

And now, may I present the nominees:

Disclaimer: At this point, some of these blogs may or may not have more than 200 followers. I did the best I could...

Mellywood's Mansion 
Simplistically Sassy 
Prairie Girl to Southern Bell
Rustic Farmhouse
Crafty Biggers 
Heart Made
Mish Mashed Mama
Watch Out, Martha!
The Crafty Woman
The Pin Junkie
Whistle and Ivy

Here are your 11 questions, nominees:
  1. What is the purpose of blogging, to you?
  2. Satin or Lace?
  3. Twine or Leather?
  4. Sequins or Pearls?
  5. What has been your hardest learned lesson in Blogland?
  6. What's one suggestion you have for new bloggers?
  7. Situation: The house is a disaster, you walk in the door and your phone goes off. Company will arrive in 15 minutes... what do you do?
  8. What's your favorite thing to put on the table when company comes over?
  9. Do you enjoy being a guest or being a host more?
  10. If you could grow any plant in any quantity, what would it be?
  11. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
Please comment below with a link to your post if you choose to participate. I'm really interested to see what you all have to say! Thanks again to my nominators and thanks in advance to all my nominees for playing along!

Cheers!
  
 







4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award! It is nice to meet you!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! I was nominated by a few bloggers too and it took me quite a while to get the post up!

    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination! :) http://thecraftiestofwomen.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award-nominee.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosie, I feel so bad that I haven't done this on my blog yet! I've got it on my list this week though! Thanks for the nomination, that's so sweet of you!! I loved reading through your answers, so fun! Thanks so much again!!

    ReplyDelete