Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Friday!

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day! Tim and I stayed in a cooked a delicious steak dinner. He got a pretty unique Valentine's Day gift too...




You should have seen the looks I got in the parking lot, trying to fit this thing into the back seat of my Jetta! Anyway, he said he wanted big plants for the house, so there. Mission accomplished. Happy V-Day, honey! He laughed really hard when he saw it come through the front door wrapped in plastic with a red bow on it...


As for today; as usual, I'm participating in the Aloha Friday Blog Hop over at A Cat-Like Curiosity. Lots of really cool people over there and I'm looking forward to meeting more!


Aloha Friday Blog Hop

This particular Friday, the only thing on my mind is getting the work week done so I can rip the house apart this weekend.

And when I say rip apart, I mean clean. Clean, tidy, organize, whatever. After losing my purse last weekend, my normally productive mornings were completely eaten up by trips to the DMV and phone calls to credit card companies. Tim and I both agree that this weekend will be dedicated to getting back on track. Of course, I will be referencing my favorite source (to the right, ahem) to plan my approach.

I find if I just go at it without planning, I end up getting distracted, causing more work for myself, and sometimes even completely undoing the cleaning/organizing I just did! I also find that things just plain get done faster when I'm burning through a list, rather than trying to think through each step.

I personally truly enjoy a weekend spent on my home, what about you? Chores to get through or an enjoyable activity?

As a side note, stay tuned for a series I'll be starting soon called Take Your Blog to Work Day... for those of us who have secret identities outside of our blogs!

8 comments:

  1. As a secret identity blogger I am excited to read what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Helene!
      Thanks for stopping by! I'm just trying to decide how often to do the "Take Your Blog to Work Day" series... I'm thinking 2 or 3 times a year???

      Delete
  2. I LOVE LISTS!!!!!! And it's so satisfying to cross things off them.
    Also, don't underestimate the power of lists for other people to work on, like the old 'We're cleaning house and these are the jobs that need doing so put your initials next to all the jobs you're willing to do.' I bet that almost sounds familiar.
    Good luck with your listing. I'm taking the weekend off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Dropping by to say thanks for visiting my blog Turnips 2 Tangerines~ What great ideas for storage!! Now following on GFC Lynn H @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, new follower from the Aloha Friday Blog Hop. Looking forward to checking out your blog some more. :)

    xo,
    Kristin
    aboutagirl.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! Love the style on your blog. Can't wait to see more!

      Delete
  5. Newest follower here! I found you though the blog hop! Cute blog, I can't wait to read more. You can visit me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete