Thursday, January 31, 2013

This is ME Challenge: January Portrait



Created by While Wearing Heels


While Wearing Heels
Read more HERE


I recently discovered this really nice blog called While Wearing Heels and the author, Amy, has issued a challenge to her readers to share a self portrait once a month. Honestly, I chickened out a little and am late coming to the January deadline, but I figured I'll try to post anyway and shoot for better in February.

At first I wasn't sure what I thought of the idea, but after some pondering, I think it might be a neat thing to do. With everything going on and time going by so quickly, I lose track of things sometimes. This could be a cool way to look back on 2013 and I encourage all of you guys to play along. Neat idea, Amy. Here's my late portrait for January...

Practicing my cello.



8 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this picture. The composition is really lovely. It definitely tells a story. The cello in the background, the sideways glance you are giving, all details that give this picture a 1000 words. Thank you so much for joining the challenge. Don't worry about being late, I'm keeping each challenge open for the entire year so anyone can join in at anytime. With a picture like this for January, I can't wait to see what you do for February.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're portrait shows your obvious artistic. I notice that you say you're so busy and the cello is behind you,I found that very interesting, do you find the cello your passion or are you feeling overwhelmed by the commitment? It's a beautiful portrait . Can't wait to see the next, I'm also doing the challenge and I'm not fond of myself in pics, but I love Amy's idea, she is great! Newest follower I hope to see you continue along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words! I wasn't going for any symbolism in particular, but I see what you're saying! I am very excited for next month's theme and I thought your portrait was very clever! Thanks also for the encouragement :) Let's see what happens in the new month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really a neat photo rosie :)

    huggies♥
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous, I have always wanted to play the cello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful instrument (not that I'm biased or anything!) and definitely the most natural of the classical stringed instruments to play... give it a whirl sometime!

      Delete
  6. what a great photograph, needs to be big and in a frame. i love the half face and the cello, looks like a professional shot.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Angela! :-) Looking forward to the February link party to see what everyone comes up with...

      Delete